Your cart ()
Michael Piccolruaz from Gardena was born in 1995, and is the driving force of the Italian National bouldering team and winner of the Italian Boulder cup in 2013. He began the 2014 season by winning the 18th edition of the South Tyrolean championship "Boulder ClimBo" and gaining the silver medal at the 2014 European Youth Boulder Championship in Arco, in the under 20 category. The young South Tyrolean talent freed "Helmutant" in April 2014, a very challenging length assessed at 9a, in Saustall (Val Senales - BZ). In 2015 he also made the first ascent of "La Grosse Tarlouze" at Magic Wood, evaluated 8C, a problem that moves upwards constantly "The Never Ending Story" (8b +) and then connects to the last holds of "Massive Attack".
Michael was the Italian Champion in Boulder in 2017 and 2019 and in 2020 got the qualification to the Olympics in Tokyo.
1) Who is your favorite climbing partner and why?
My favorite climbing Partner is Jakob Schubert, because every single session is super fun, he inspires me and pushes me to try harder, and he is just a very good friend.
2) Which is the first La Sportiva shoes/boot you used?
The first La Sportiva shoe I used is the Miura.
3) What is your favorite climbing/mountaineering book?
My favorite climbing book is Rock Stars.
4) What is the mountain you would like to see at least one time in your life?
The mountain I would like to see at least one time is El Capitan.
5) What's in the air?
Road to Tokyo 2020.
- 1999 First summit on a mountain (4 years old)
- 2013 First final at an adult competition – 5th place at the European Championship in Eindhoven
- 2014 FA of “Helmutant” – 9a in Saustall
- 2015 FA of “La Grosse Tarlouze” – 8C in Magic Wood
- 2016 First World Cup Podium – 2nd place in Kazo - Japan
- 2021 Tokyo Olypics - Climbing Join the Olympic Movement