SUBSCRIBE THE NEWSLETTER AND GET FREE SHIPPING ON YOUR FIRST ORDER AND STAY INFORMED
WHO WE ARE
La Sportiva 90th Anniversary Storytelling
Enjoy your summer holidays with the best books about endurance and ultra distances. From Christopher McDougall to Lizzy Hawker, the 5 readings that cannot miss in your bookcase.
Are you an ultra runner?Even if the answer is “no”, we have the best books to read for bring your motivation at its highest level, and make you want to start running, and running and running.Find below our 5 favourite readings about endurance, perseverance and ultra distances. Enter in the off-road mood, and get ready for UTMB in the best way possible!
1. Born to Run, Christopher McDougall Kept in the New York Times Best Seller List for more than four months, the book written in 2009 by the American author and journalist, is one of the most iconic books about ultra running.Christopher McDougall leads the reader to the discovery of the ultramarathon discipline, from the founding fathers and the reclusive Tarahumara Native Mexican tribe in the Mexican Copper Canyons, to the "young gun" then became the most representative ultra-runners of our time that share the Tarahumara spirit of running for enjoyment and spiritual experience: Scott Jurek, Jenn Shelton and of course ... also our Tony Krupicka!
2. Eat and Run, Scott JurekTrue cult for all the ultra trail lovers and fans of its magical culture, Eat and Run is an inevitable title in the collection of any true ultra-enthusiast. With an incomparable Palmares, Scott Jurek doesn’t need many presentations, being able to win all the most iconic races in this field: from the Western States Endurance Run (7 in a row), Spartathlon, Hardrock 100, to Badwater 135 Miles Ultramarathon.Scott is also a major advocate of vegan lifestyle and culture, which has not only helped him reaching the highest levels in his discipline but has also led him to delve into the topic of nutrition and cooking. At the end of each chapter, you will find some of his most famous recipes and useful tips for approaching the race with appetizing and healthy snacks.
3. Ultramarathon man, Dean KarnazesPersonal and detailed experiences of life and running, it's impossible to not admire the Dean Karnazes’s tenacity in pushing his body to reach one extreme goal after another.Ultramarathon Man is his personal story enclose into a book: the mind-boggling adventures of his nonstop treks through the hell of Death Valley, the frigidity of the South Pole and the beauty of the mountains and canyons of the Sierra Nevada, running 262 miles-the equivalent of ten marathons-without rest.This book has inspired thousands of people (runners and not) to push themselves beyond their comfort zones. If you read it, you’ll feel the desire of start running, no matter what, and the motto "When you can't run, walk. When you can't walk, crawl" will continue to echo in your mind.
4. What I talk about, when I talk about running, Haruki MurakamiA series of personal essays about writing, running, and the incredible way they intersect, wrote by the Japanese bestselling author Haruki Murakami.While simply training for a marathon would be enough for most people, Haruki Murakami’s decided to write about it as well. The result is a deep memoir about his obsessions with his two passions, full of vivid memories and insights (including the moment when he decided to become a writer). By turns funny and sobering, playful and philosophical, What I Talk About When I Talk About Running is rich, revelatory, and unique in its personal style.
5. Runner: A short story about a long run, Lizzy Hawker If you like to dream big, the 5 times winner of UTMB Lizzy Hawker will enthuse, inspire and amaze you with her novel. Runner tells Lizzy’s story and uncovers a journey of physical, mental and emotional challenges that every runner goes through at the edge of human endurance. Page after page, the journey deep into the mind and heart of one of the greatest mountain runners in the world, will catch your attention at all, feeling like you could be running alongside her. Less an autobiography and more simply ‘Lizzy’s story’, she shares her joy, her pain and the challenges of her life writing from the heart and catching the spirit of trail running and putting it down on paper.
Epic Ski Tour: the two-day event dedicated to skialp by La Sportiva, returns to Val di Fiemme
La Sportiva Mountain Running Cup 2019: ecco tutte le novità
Browsing from one of these Countries?
Accept and Continue
Cookies are small text files that contain information about your visit to our website and are stored on your computer or any other device able to browse the internet, for example a smartphone or tablet.
We use these cookies to make browsing our site easier, to show you content that is relevant to your needs and interests and to help us speed up your future visits and activities on our website. The cookies assist and simplify the interaction between the user and the site and allow the site to remember your preferences and individual activity, thus saving time and contributing to easier and more efficient browsing. Cookies memorise information about your visit online (for example; language, number of visits and dimensions of text) and aid the implementation of various services (user registration, contents of your shopping cart, subscription to newsletters or updates on products, etc.).
Cookies are also employed to create anonymous group statistics that let us analyse how visitors use our site, allowing us to improve the structure, content and services of this site.
Any services present that do not offer complete anonymity will be found in the third-party cookies list and you may deny them consent, safeguarding your privacy.
This site makes use of three different types of cookies:
These cookies ensure that the site works in a correct and fluid manner: they allow you to navigate between pages, share content, they memorise your sign-in credentials making access to the site faster and they keep your preferences and credentials active during browsing and purchasing. Without these cookies we would be unable to provide the services which motivate the user to access this site.
2. Statistical cookies
These cookies help us understand how our users browse the site and navigate the online store so that we may assess and improve its performance and create content that best matches our visitors' preferences. For example, these cookies show us which are the most and least visited pages, how many people access the site, how long is spent on the site by most users and how they find us online. With this information we can find out which are the best features and which could be improved, while ensuring that site content is uploaded quickly and displayed appropriately. The information these cookies collect is anonymous and not associated with any of the user's personal data. These functions on our site are managed by third-party service providers who render the data anonymous and untraceable to any single individual.
These cookies are distributed by third parties and not directly controlled or under the control of Zerogrey. Zerogrey does not therefore accept liability regarding the use of any information collected by the owners of these third-party cookies.
The cookies provided by such third parties can offer advanced features as well as more information and personalisation. These include the ability to share content across social network platforms and to maintain a personalised online site experience on the basis of any preferences expressed on pages previously visited. These services are for the most part offered by external operators. If you browse using an account or if you use third-party services on other websites, these may be able to track a user who has visited our site. The use of the data collected by these external operators through cookies must adhere to the respective privacy policies that you will find on the link copied below. Third-party profiling cookies are identified by the names of their respective operators in the list indicated below which also contains the tools for managing or disabling them.
You can change the settings for downloaded cookies on your computer or mobile device through the appropriate feature on your browser. You may also block the installation of third-party cookies and remove previously installed cookies, including those that define your cookie preferences that you may have may have set here. To check or adjust the settings on your browser you need to consult the instruction manual or your browser's help window.
The instructions regarding cookies for the most widely-used browsers are available here
Chrome : https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&p=cpn_cookies
Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/it-it/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
Alternatively, to disable some or all cookies you can use the following tools.
Disabling our cookies may affect your browsing experience, diminish efficiency in accessing certain parts of the site and erase preferences for future visits to the site.
Remember to set the browser on your devices in a coherent manner so that each one may be adjusted to reflect your cookie preferences.
Further detailed information on cookie features and how to enable or disable them on most browsers is available online at www.aboutcookies.org or http://www.allaboutcookies.org/privacy-policy.htm. For in-depth information and assistance with cookies used for advertising purposes visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com/it/