Your cart ()
I was born in the small village of Aghur in the province of Kalyobya in Egypt. Up to the age of 8 I lived with my sisters and my grandparents in Egypt, as my parents had already moved to Italy with the rest of the family. At the age of 9 I arrived in Italy, but it was only at the age of 15 that I started climbing thanks to a friend and her father who paid for a climbing course for me (I could not afford it). I immediately understood that it was not only a sport but for me it was also a form of freedom.
Due to my origins and my religion, my dad did not approve of this sport and this forced me to go to the gym secretly to train. After a short time, I started taking part in some races and I soon realized that I liked the world of competitions very much. I participated in the first races of the TCC circuit and immediately managed to get a place on the podium together with the macro-regions.
At the age of 18 I decided to leave home to be able to devote myself completely to climbing and I moved to Finale. It took 2 years to find accommodation and a job, but I finally found the freedom I was looking for so much. So, two and a half years ago I started climbing on rock too, an environment that I immediately considered much more fascinating than plastic. I also participated in several stages of the Italian Boulder Cup.
I love vertical and finger climbing, a style on which I can express myself best. It was for this reason that I chose the historic “Radical chic” route as my first 8a (first 8a in Finalese in Montecucco). Then I shifted my attention to another icon of the "old school" routes of Finale, the historic "Hyaena" 8b, signing the second women's ascent. After having climbed on a slab, and having appreciated its "delicate beauty", my challenge today is to try my hand at the overhanging routes, a style where I still have a lot to learn but which I am sure I can master with commitment and determination.
In my dreams however I also have my heart set on the mountains for which I am starting to prepare, with the certainty that the emotions I will receive there will be unique and unrepeatable.
1. Who is your favorite climbing partner and why?
I don't have one favorite climbing partner, I climb with a lot of people because it's more funny and I can learn always a lot of new things from them. Then, I don't like the limits and climbing with just one person, in my opinion, limits you.
2. Which is the first La Sportiva shoes/boot you used?
3. What is your favorite climbing/mountaineering book?
Lynn Hill “My life in the vertical world.”
4. What is the mountain you would like to see at least one time in your life?
5. Do you take part to a charity or cultural project?
I'm part of the social farm project "Il Bandito e la Principessa"
- 2011 I started climbing (indoor), secretly because my dad didn't want me to practice sport
- 2014 I started climbing on rock
- 2015 Second female ascent of the historic Radical Chic also the first 8a bolted in Finale, and my first 8a
- 2018 7° place in my first Italian Boulder Championship
- 2019 Second female ascent of Hyaena (1986 Andrea Gallo)