Your cart ()
Tommy resides in Estes Park Colorado with his wife Becca, son Fitz and daughter Ingred. He was raised by an adventurous father and mountain guide who taught him to embrace fear and doubt and turn them into inspiration. Given this attitude, Tommy has established some of the hardest routes in the country and free climbed 12 routes on El Capitan in Yosemite..
He believes difficult journeys, with little chance for success, teach him the most. This attitude is no better exemplified than by his first free ascent of the Dawn Wall in January of 2015, and his first ascent of the Fitz Traverse in Patagonia in February of 2014.
La Sportiva designed with him the TC Pro, one of the most successfull shoes in climbing history.
- 2000 Tommy and fellow climbers Beth Rodden, John Dickey and Jason Smith were held hostage for six days by rebels in Kyrgyzstan
- 2014 Fitz Traverse , First Ascent with Alex Honnold
- 2015 Dawn Wall with Kevin Jorgeson
- 2018 The release of The Dawn Wall Movie
- 2018 The Nose - Speed Record - El Capitan, Yosemite Valley, California with Alex Honnold