Your cart ()
Born in 1986, she is the daughter of a famous Italian skier, and for this reason she has always lived in the mountains. The mountains have inevitably had a strong influence on her, becoming her greatest passion. In 2014 she reached the summit of K2, making her the second Italian woman to climb the mountain. As a child she practiced many sports, including athletics, becoming twice runner-up in the Italian finals.
Her passion for the mountains remained constant and in 2002 she started to compete in ski races. She became a member of the Italian National Team: twice Italian champion in 2006 and 2008, second in 2007, she won the Pierra Menta in 2007 and 2008 and the World long distance title in 2008. After these victories she started to look for new experiences. Since the age of 14 one of her dreams was to climb an 8000 m peak. In 2009 she started her new career as a mountaineer with her first expedition to Nepal. She partecipated to many expeditions in Asia with Simone Moro and other rope-partners.
1) Who is your favorite climbing partner and why?
Simone Moro, because I grew through him in the mountains and I can not immagine a better climbing partner.
2) Which is the first La Sportiva shoes/boot you used?
I can’t remember.
3) What is your favorite climbing/mountaineering book?
"La voce del ghiaccio" by Simone Moro. He gifted it to me while I was in the hospital saying "Read it and get ready"; we would have to leave just after 2 months for my first witer ascent on an 8.000.
4) What is the mountain you would like to see at least one time in your life?
How it looks like on the top of Everest in winter
5) Do you support cultural o charity projects?
I normale support single projects. I´m open…
6) What's in the air?
Having enough courage to be myself in everything
Climbing on mountains with no crowds in BC
Working on mountains and exploration
- 2010 Lhotse, first 8000m peak for me, becoming the youngest female who climbed it.
- 2013 „The great crossing“ with my father. Stimo traverse with 2 unclimbed 6000m peaks
- 2014 K2 without oxygen and porters
- 2015 first Winterexpedition on 8000m, Manaslu
- 2016 Nanga Parbat in Winter, I did not summit for 70 meters
- 2018 First winter ascent on Pik Pobeda 3003m, the hightest mountain in the coldest part of earth.
- 2018 I was willing to take care of my health for the first time and it was the best decision for my future