Your cart ()
I would define myself as a climber and a social worker in the first place. Second, I enjoy sharing experiences, stories and visions as a public speaker. Born in 1991 in Leuven, Belgium, I started climbing as a gymrat in 2000. Competition climbing became a focus until the age of 18. Between ages 12 and 18, the discovery of outdoor sportclimbing only multiplied my passion. In 2010, after finishing high school, I introduced myself to the exciting world of trad and multi-pitch climbing. An eye-opener was my first big wall expedition in Venezuela in 2012. From then on, I became a passionate big wall climber, searching for adventure and excitement in the mountains. Several big wall expeditions were made, always on the search for free climbing in mountainous environments. As a climber, my main strength outs itself in on sight free climbing on adventurous and virgin terrain. Moving quick and efficient on a big wall or multipitch suits me. Besides climbing and nature a different subject occupies my head; the human being, his interactions and nowadays society. The reason why I achieved my Bachelor degree in Social Work in 2016. Nonetheless my degree, I chose to lay focus on climbing, training, traveling and sharing experiences. Right now, climbing is my main occupation.
1) Who is your favorite climbing partner and why?
Many are! We share the same ethics. Those favorite climbing partners are motivated, curious and still sincere and respectful with the mountains.
2) Which is the first La Sportiva shoes/boot you used?
3) What is your favorite climbing/mountaineering book?
Revelations by Jerry Moffatt
4) What is the mountain you would like to see at least one time in your life?
Great Trango Tower.
5) Do you support cultural o charity projects?
Climbing Borders – Escalando Fronteras in Monterrey, Mexico.
6) What's in the air?
Train and raise my general climbing level to climb harder big walls in even more adventurous environments!
- 2008 First 8c sport climb with ‘Les Maux de la Fin’ at Gorges du Loup, France.
- 2012 First Big Wall expedition! FA of ‘Kids with Guns’, 450m, Amuri Tepuy, Venezuela.
- 2013 First Alpine climb, Divine Providence, ABO 7c 900m, Mont Blanc, France.
- 2015 First Ground-Up Ascent and Free Ascent of ‘Fire in the Belly’, 700m, 8a++ on Tsaranoro Atsimo, Madagascar.
- 2017 First Free Ascent of Big Wall Route “El Regalo de Mwono”, 8a, 1200m, Torres del Paine, Patagonia, Chile.