Your cart ()
BioHello everyone! My name is Sébastien Guichardaz and I live in the Cogne valley, in the Aosta valley, a beautiful place surrounded by the Gran Paradiso mountain range. The mountain has been part of my life since I was a child, I love to live it in all its seasons and that's how I got closer to ski mountaineering. I practice this sport with passion and I’m proud to be supported by a professional company as La Sportiva is. In life I have many other passions like music, I like playing the accordion. Moreover in the period I am not busy with competitions, I dedicate myself to agriculture: I grow a vegetable garden and I sell my products to the shops of my country.
1) Which is your favourite place for skiing?
Gran Paradiso National Park.
2) Which is your specialization?
Vertical, but I would like to improve a lot in individual races, which best represents the true values of ski mountaineering).
3) When and why did you start Skimountaineering?
I started at the age of 12, with cross-country skis with adapted skins and rudimentary rasp sticks. I started doing ski mountaineering because I wanted to stay in a real mountain environment even when the peaks are covered with snow.
4) Do you have a pre- race routine?
Nothing in particular actually ... a good breakfast, mind focused on the goal and a good warm-up. And then GAS !!!
5) How many meters of altitude do you do in one season?
If I should be honest I don't know ... I never kept track of the meters I do in a year ... I train following tables that show me the time and the frequency of work.
6) What's in the air?
Get a lot of experience trying to "steal" the tricks of the trade from the top athletes who run with me, for one day being side by side with them in the race.
- 2014 Admission in the ASIVA Skialp Team
- 2017 Admission in the Skialp National Team
- 2019 First victory in Junior World Cup
- 2021 U23 World Champion - Indivudual and Vertical