Your cart ()
Pure passion that burns inside? No much more: After thirty years of climbing I cannot speak of passion: climbing is a part of me." says Rolando Larcher, who after seventy new routes that have made the history of climbing, still retains the enthusiasm of a child. Talent, determination, clear ideas and a rigorous style: these are the ingredients of a champion who continues to impress, with his creations and who has become a role model for kids. It all started with dad Renato, back in 1981, and continued with the ethusiasm shared byvall his family, his wife Letizia and his kids Alexander and Anna.
Among the masterpieces of Rolando: "Mastro Geppetto va nel globo" (Le Tose 8b 7b obb, Brenta, 1994), "Mai più così" (8a/8a+ 7b obb Madagascar, 1998), Hotel Supramonte (Punta Cocuttos 8b 7c obb, Sardinia, 1999), La vita che verrà (Cima Ghez 7c+ 7b obb, Brenta, 1999), Larcher-Vigiani (Punta Penia 8a 7b obb Marmolada, 2000), La Svizzera (8a+ 7b+ obb Wenden, 2006), "Osa, ma non troppo" (7b 7a obb A2+ Cota 2000 - Patagonia, 2007), "AlexAnna" (8a+ e 7a+ obb Marmolada, 2008), “Escalador Selvatico” (7c+ e 7b obb Acopan Tepui - Venezuela 2014), “Scacciadavoli” (8a+/8b e 7c obb Marmolada 2015), “Vuelo de Fortuna” (8a e 7b obb La Huasteca - Mexico 2019).
1) Who is your favorite climbing partner and why?
A good friend with I can share passion and dreams. I can't choose just one person because in my climbing career I had many great partners.
2) Which is the first La Sportiva shoes/boot you used?
Le Mariacher in 1984!
3) What is your favorite climbing/mountaineering book?
The classic “E' buio sul ghiacciaio” by Hermann Buhl and recent “Dawn Wall” by Tommy Caldwel.
4) What is the mountain you would like to see at least one time in your life?
I have still many mountains to see, but fortunately I had the chance to see some of the nicest places on earth. Unfortunately a life-long time is not enough to see all of them.
5) Do you support cultural o charity projects?
After our Pakistan expedition, with my rope-partners I opened an association with the purpose to build a student house in Skardu. We hope our activity wuold give more opportunities to the young generations in the village of Hushe.
Recentely I supported the crowfunding campaign for "La Falesia Dimenticata", a project with the aim of buing and regenerating a historical crag that went abbandoned.
6) What's in the air?
In the air there is a lot of passion and desire of discover new places. I dream to keep travelling, looking for new walls where set new routes and promoting sport climbing and nature respect.
- 1986 “Elephant Baby”, my first 8a and the first in Arco
- 1988 “Scirocco” 7c my first multipitch, the first one in Arco and the second in Italy
- 1992 “L'arte di salire in alto” my first 8c and the first in Arco
- 1998/1999 “Hotel Supramonte” 8b my top route multipitch; great estetics, so difficult and with a superb quality
- 2008 "El Gordo, el Flaco y l'Abuelito” Torre Centrale del Paine 1200m 7a+