Your cart ()
Born on January 4th 1990 in Sondrio. At the age of 5 he began skiing, initially his grandfather Umberto followed and supported him in this great passion shared by 3 generations of the Boscacci family. His grandfather takes him to see the races of his father Graziano who in those years wrote the history of ski mountaineering. Michele grows and begins to run his first races, even if at an early age he already shows great talent. At the age of 14 he ran his first PierraMenta, the beginning of a career that would lead him to become an icon of ski mountaineering. Michele is a La Sportiva ambassador and with its products, including skiboots and skis, he won the most important world competitions.
1) Which is your favourite place for skiing?
My favorite place to do training, as my followers on social media knows, is the top of the Meriggio, the mountain above my house.
2) Which is your specialization?
My strong point in ski mountaineering is definitely the climb, especially in long races where in addition to pure strength you must also put that pinch of malice to be able to manage your body in the best way.
3) When and why did you start Skimountaineering?
I started doing ski alp from an early age accompanied by my grandfather, I think at 6 or 7 years old, I went to watch the races of my dad Graziano who was at the time in the national team, then I started with the first races at about 13 or 14 years.
4) Do you have a pre- race routine?
Before each race I don't do anything in particular, wake up - breakfast - I get dressed and then I go to the competition field for a good half hour of warm-up.
5) How many meters of altitude do you do in one season?
In a winter season I do from 300 to 350 thousand meters of altitude on skis, while in a whole year between skiing, running, walking and bikes I arrive from 600 to 650 thousand meters.
6) What's in the air?
For the next 2 years I am preparing to be able to improve further and be able to return to win an Overall World Cup and a gold medal at the World Championships.
- 2008 Called up for the junior national team
- 2010 Wins the 25th Valtellina Orobie race and the Italian title in the category Junior. He wins the World Cup, category Junior.
- 2011 Compete for the first time in the World Cup, category Espoir, and wins it. He achieved also the seventh place in the category Senior
- 2012 Wins the Crazy Trophy and places himself second at the Mountain Attack. Wins the Italian Vertical Championship.
- 2013 Joins the National team in the category Espoir and wins the World Championship Espoir
- 2014 Enters in the Centro Sportivo Esercito (CSE) and wins the race La Putrilles des glaciers, his first victory in a Grand Course race
- 2015 Third position at the Piarramenta race and wins for the first time the Mezzalama trophy
- 2016 Wins his first European title and the World Cup in the category overall
- 2017 Second position in the World Cup, category Overall, and third position in the World Championship. He wins for the second time the Mezzalama trophy
- 2018 Wins the World Cup and the Piarramenta race
- 2019 Third position in the World Cup, category Overall, and second position in the category Individual