Your cart ()
Born in 1993 in the small town of Correggio (MO), Marcello started climbing when he was 8 years old at the local climbing gym. Since there weren’t crags around he focused his effort on plastic and competitions starting from the small locals to the World Cup. He is in the National Italian Climbing Team since he was 16 years old and he is the National Champion of 2011. The 2017 was a great season: he won the Chamonix’s Wold Cup stage , closing the season 5° overall, placing 2nd at the Rock Master’s Duel and 2nd at the National’s Lead Championship.
Marcello it’s also a keen outdoor climber: 8B Boulder with Vecchio Leone, Brione, Switzerland, 8C+ with Bumaye on the famous crag of Margalef in Spain and the first Ascent of Cose Preziose in Val Susa.
2018 was a special year with some big projects sent: “Gliese 581” 8B+ in Champorcher, Aosta Valley (Italy) and three in Siruana (Spain)“estado critico” 9a, “L’odi social” 8c+ and “Jungle Speed” 8c+.
1) Who is your favorite climbing partner and why?
My girlfriend or some good friends available to share a hard training with me.
2) Which is the first La Sportiva shoes/boot you used?
3) What is your favorite climbing/mountaineering book?
The crag guide-book of my next travel. I love to study all the routes before leaving.
4) What is the mountain you would like to see at least one time in your life?
Cerro Torre and Fitz Roy in Patagonia.
5) Do you take part to a charity or cultural project?
I am in ADMO, the Italian Association of bone marrow donors and I supported Wikipedia.
- 1999 Start Climbing
- 2011 Italian Lead Champioship Winner
- 2014 Become a professional Climber in the Army Team
- 2017 Winner of the Lead World Cup in Chamonix
- 2018 “Estado critico” 9a Lead and “Gliese 581” 8B+ Boulder