Your cart ()
Over the last 15 years, I’ve fallen progressively more and more in love with rock climbing. This passion takes me to incredible, remote and diverse corners of the world. I love the challenge, and I love the people, and I love the lifestyle. La Sportiva has been with me through every hard send, every long approach, and every dusty campfire. Here’s to many more years of this amazing passion and these incredible shoes!
1. Jumbo Love 5.15b, Clark Mountain
2. Direct Dunn Westby 5.14, Longs Peak
3. Pachamama 5.15a/b, Oliana, Spain
4. Jade V14, Chaos Canyon
5. Biographie 5.15a, Ceause, France
1) Who is your favorite climbing partner and why?
My favorite is my dog Zeke. He has been there with me at so many different cliffs, in good or terrible weather, for 10 years now. One thing is for sure, he never bails and he is always psyched!
2) Which is the first La Sportiva shoes/boot you used?
The first I ever used was an old pair of Testarossas from my Dad. Since then I was changed forever.
3) What is your favorite climbing/mountaineering book?
4) What is the mountain you would like to see at least one time in your life?
Cerro Torre and Mt Fuji
5) Do you take part to a charity or cultural project?
I donate to several causes during the year - some with time and some with money. For the most part I focus my energy on giving to the climbing community because I feel deeply indebted for this amazing adventure I’ve found my way on. I hope I can give back at least as much as I take. I am on the Board of Directors of the Southern Nevada Climber’s Coalition.
6) What's in the air?
I have just a few more big Sport Climbing goals and now these are my focus but within the next year or so I would like to change my main focus to trad climbing, walls, and back to first ascents.
- 2007 My first 5.14 (8b+), ‘Sarchasm’ at over 12,000ft elevation near Longs Peak
- 2010 My first 9a, ‘Kyrptonite’ at the Fortress of Solitude in Colorado
- 2014 My first 9a+, after a month long fight ‘Biographie’ in Ceuse, France
- 2016 The second ascent of ‘The Direct Dunn Westby’ 8b+/c traditional alpine multi pitch at over 4,000 meters.
- 2018 The third ascent of ‘Jumbo Love’ 9b