Your cart ()
My name is Jan Margarit. Born in Matadepera, a village close to Barcelona but with a lot of forest, I spend my young age playing in the forest with my brother and our friends. After some years of field hockey, I discovered trail running and I completely felt in love with it. Since then, running became the main thing on my life. I moved to the French Pyrenees for the University and to be closer to bigger mountains, and after some years there I left in a van for a while.
1) Which is your favorite place for running?
I hope that my favorite place for running it still needs to be discovered as I am pensioned about exploring new places! But I love running in St. Llorenç del Munt, where I grew up, and also in the Pyrenees!
2) Which is your specialization?
I love to run when it gets technical and steep, so I prefer races like skyrunning.
3) Do you have a pre-race routine?
Not really. But I try to focus and visualize myself into the effort and listen to some music.
4)When and why did you start running?
I started running as a preparation for field hockey, the sport I was doing when I was young.
5) Which are your La Sportiva favorite shoes?
I really enjoy their precision and their stability in downhills.
6) What's in the air?
After some years of living in the van and moving a lot, I hope to stabilize a bit more during the next years
I want to improve a lot on my running potential aiming to become one of the best sort-middle trail runners in the world and to expect for a top5- podium on the GTWS
- 2013 Join the Catalan team for the Nationals
- 2015 First international experience in SRA
- 2016 First international podium
- 2017 First international victory
- 2019 Back into international victories after a serious injury in 2018