Your cart ()
Jakob Schubert is an Austrian climber that competes in since 2007 in boulder and lead and has a great activity in crag climbing and bouldering.He starts climbing at the age of 12 years old, winning 3 youth world titles in lead from 2007 to 2009. From 2009 to 2019 Jakob is in the world climbing elite, winning 3 World Cup in lead and 4 in combined. At the same time, he wins 3 titles in the World Championship in Lead and Combined. His great performance in indoor climbing get him the opportunity to quality to the first Olimpic Games for climbing: Tokyo2020.
Jackob Schubert performs at the same high level in outdoor climbing, reaching the grade of 9b. The most difficult projects send by him are: Neanderthal (Santa Linya - ESP), El Bon Combat (Cova de I'Ocell - ESP), Stoking the Fire (Santa Linya - ESP), La Planta de Shiva (Villanueva del Rosario - ESP), Fight or flight (Oliana - ESP).
1) Who is your favorite climbing partner and why?
My girlfriend Carmen, she always supports me and it’s easy to have a good time with her.
2) Which is the first La Sportiva shoes/boot you used?
3) What is your favorite climbing/mountaineering book?
Südwand by Hansjörg Auer
4) What is the mountain you would like to see at least one time in your life?
The Nose in the Yosemite valley
5) What's in the air?
- 2002 My godfather took me to our local climbing gym and I fell in love with this sport
- 2007 Youth Worldchampion in Ecuador, what made it even more special was that I could celebrate together with my best friend Mario Lechner who took slilver!
- 2011 Worldrecord by winning 7 Lead Worldcups in a row and consequently also securing my first Lead Overall Worldcup title
- 2012 World Champion in Lead in Paris
- 2014 On my Birthday I’m able to climb my first 9b Fight or Flight in Oliana
- 2018 Double World Champion in Innsbruck (Lead & Combined)