Your cart ()
Jacopo Larcher is one of the strongest and most versatile athletes on the international scene. His career as a climber shows a constant evolution.
From a young age, after the first experiments on artificial walls, he began to compete in competitions, which confirmd his oustanding skills as both an Italian and European athlete. In 2006 he began to explore nature and the world outside of the gyms. He discovered crag climbing and started to repeat difficult routes up to 9a. The years passed and he continued to repeat and open very difficult routes, until his climbing underwent a big change, which he describes as having allowed him to see the world in a more complete way.
During the last few years he has been very lucky to travel a lot for climbing, spending more and more time on big walls and trad climbs. Together with Barbara Zangerl they managed to repeat different difficult free climbs on El Cap (Yosemite), which has become one of their favorite playgrounds.
In 2019, after many years of effort, He finally made the first ascent of “Tribe”, an old project of mine in Cadarese, which is now his hardest (trad) route to date.
1) Who is your favorite climbing partner and why?
I guess I have to answer Babsi (Zangerl) ;-) Just kidding! I feel very lucky to be able to share my passion and most of my adventures with the person I love.
2) Which is the first La Sportiva shoes/boot you used?
3) What is your favorite climbing/mountaineering book?
“The Push” by Tommy Caldwell.
4) What is the mountain you would like to see at least one time in your life?
5) Do you take part to a charity or cultural project?
- 1989 Born in Italy
- 2014 “Prinzip Hoffnung” E9/ 8b
- 2016 “Rhapsody” E11 7a (Dumbarton Rock, Scotland)
- 2017 “La Rambla”, 9a+ (Siurana, Spain)
- 2017 “Magic Mushroom” (5.14-, 900m), El Capitan (Yosemite, USA)
- 2019 Completed the trad route “Tribe” (Cadarese, Italy) - my hardest route to date