Your cart ()
Iwan Arnold calls himself a slightly crazy boy who had a dream since he was 14 years old: he wanted to become a ski mountaineer. He lives in Simplon Dorf near the Italian border in the midst of several 4,000 meters above which you can see the Swiss mountains. When he was young, he often went to the mountains with his father and brother. They also went to the north face of the Fletschhorn on skis, which they had never reached so quickly but wanted every time to become faster, while maintaining respect for the mountain. Knowledge of snow and mountains in critical conditions is important to him. He knows exactly the boundary between his limit and that imposed by the mountain. Iwan is an athlete who likes to live outdoors, spending his free time between hunting and fishing. In his sport he achieved important milestones: he won two bronze medals at the World Cup last year. He has the dream of becoming world champion and he is training hard to make it.
1) Which is your favourite place for skiing?
2) Which is your specialization?
3) When and why did you start Skimountaineering?
I did my first race in 2018.
4) Do you have a pre- race routine?
No, I don’t have a particular routine
5) What's in the air?
I want to improve endurance.
In primo piano
- 2009 3° place Individual at the Europan Cadets Championship in Tambre (ITA)
- 2010 1° at the Junior Sprint World Cup in Gavarnie (FRA)
- 2015 3° at the Sprint World Champioship in Verbier (CH)
- 2017 Sprint World Champion in Piancavallo (ITA)
- 2019 Overall rank winner in Sprint