Your cart ()
My name is Giovanni, I live in Lanzada, a small mountain town located in Valmalenco. I started doing sports at the age of 5 thanks to my dad who always took me to the mountains and I immediately loved it. Before I started doing ski mountaineering competitions I did mountain running and mountain biking competitions, and only 6 years ago I started practicing ski mountaineering and I fell in love with it. And after many sacrifices and hard training in 2019 I managed to win 2 World titles. We hope that the next few years will give me as much satisfaction as in the past years, but I know that I will have to go all out and continue on this path !!
1) Which is your favourite place for skiing?
My favorite place is Pizzo Scalino, the mountain symbol of the valley.
2) Which is your specialization?
Sprint and individual.
3) When and why did you start Skimountaineering?
About 6 years ago I started doing ski mountaineering thanks to my dad who always took me with him !! I started at 12 just to try it because I have always seen my dad competing.
4) Do you have a pre- race routine?
I wake up, have breakfast, get dressed, go to the start with the music, warm up and leave.
5) How many meters of altitude do you do in one season?
It depends, I should be around 160.000.
6) What's in the air?
I will focus on growing year by year and getting better and better.
In primo piano
- 2014 First ski mountaineering race
- 2015 La Sportiva gives me my first carbon ski boots
- 2016 First race with the National Team at the European Championship
- 2018 First participation in the World Cup
- 2019 Victory of 2 World Title (Sprint and Individual)