Your cart ()
At the age of sixteen she moved to Aix-en-Provence to be able to train and compete more easily. She began to take part in the Lead World Cup. Her best result in the lead finals was a victory of the Camonix world cup 2011. She came first in the French lead championship for four consecutive years from 2004 to 2007. She now dedicates all her time to traveling to faraway places and developping new trad areas. She realised the first female ascent of « La Voie Petit », 8b max , on the Grand Capucin, and the first female ascent of « The Quarryman », a historical route in Wales. On the 28 th of december 2018 she became a mum, when her and her husband, fellow athlete James Pearson, welcomed the arrival of their son.
1) Who is your favorite climbing partner and why?
James Pearson. He is my husband, best friend, and best buddy. I can also tell him off hen he doesn’t belay well J
2) Which is the first La Sportiva shoes/boot you used?
3) What is your favorite climbing/mountaineering book?
A la vertical de soi, from Stephanie Bodet. It is by far the best climbing book I have read, because she writes very well, and focused on her humanity.
4) What is the mountain you would like to see at least one time in your life?
I guess I will have to go see the Yosemite one day, it’s not reasonable to pass on that when you are a climber is it!
5) Do you take part to a charity or cultural project?
James and I have created SPOT, it is a climbing charity that collects climbing materiel for countries where it is hard to access. And for the second year, I am organizing “Grimpeuses” in the south of France, it is a women’s climbing day and you should definitely come, reader, if you are a woman!
6) What's in the air?
Training hard to be a good mum and a good climber.
And that is definitely a very interesting and difficult challenge. I think it will be my challenge for the coming year: finding a way to raise my kido and focus on him, and get him to enjoy his time at the crags with us, all around the world.
- 2004-2007 French lead champion
- 2006-2007 3rd of the overall lead world cup
- 2011 Winner of the Chamonix world cup
- 2016 First female ascent of the Voie Petit
- 2018 First female ascent of the Quarryman