Your cart ()
Andy is a passionate Finnish climber, traveler and route setter. He has been climbing for the past ten years and hopes to continue to do so for quite some time. He has had the opportunity to visit many places, but there are still many that he would like to see and explore. Travel is a constant in his life, but travelling would have no meaning if there were not for friends or family to share his experiences with.
He focuses essentially on bouldering and sport climbing, but he would like to climb trad routes and big walls too. He just needs to find the time! He takes part in National and International competitions. He is always amazed at how many new problems there are to be found in competition routes. In climbing he seeks the correct balance between movements, aesthetics and difficulty.
The last projects sent by Anthony are The Big Island 8C in Fontainebleau and Hyper Act 8C.
1) Who is your favorite climbing partner and why?
Tomi Nytorp. Everytime I climb with him I get inspired and motivated! He climbs with such enthusiasm and you can see the pleasure he gets from being outside.
2) Which is the first La Sportiva shoes/boot you used?
It was the good old Miura!
3) What is your favorite climbing/mountaineering book?
I really enjoyed ‘Revelations’ by Jerry Moffatt
4) What is the mountain you would like to see at least one time in your life?
I’ve never been too drawn to Mountains, but Patagonia looks magical!
5) What's in the air?
Still trying to find my limits in climbing!
- 2007 First outdoor trip to Ceuse, France. Basically this was when I realized what climbing really was!
- 2008 First 8a route in Spain
- 2012 First 9a route (Also I was the first Finn to climb a 9a route!)
- 2018 First time being a Chief Routesetter in a National Competition
- 2019 First place in the Finnish lead championships