Your cart ()
Angela Eiter (Arzl im Pitztal, January 27th, 1986) is an Austrian climber. She enjoys crag climbing and bouldering and has competed in difficulty competitions. She won three consecutive Lead World Cups from 2004 to 2006 and four World Championships. She started climbing at the age of 11 at school. Her parents took her climbing in the gym in Imst. At the age of fifteen, she climbed her first 8a (indoor).
In 2002, at the age of sixteen, she began to participate in Lead World Cup climbing. Since then came an endless series of successes that led her to win three World Cups in a row: in 2004, in 2005, (winning 8 out of 9 races) and in 2006, (winning 7 out of 10). She also won four World Championships in the lead specialty: 2005 (Munich), 2007 (Avilés), 2011 (Arco) and 2012 (Paris). In 2013 she announced her retirement from the competition scene.
In 2018 she sent some extremely hard routes: „Battle Cat, 8c(+)“ Frankenjura Germany, „Andiamo, 8c+“ Allgäu Germany and „Basica, 8c“ in Allgäu Germany.
1) Who is your favorite climbing partner and why?
My husband Bernie Ruech is my favorite climbing partner, because we share our passion for climbing together.
2) Which is the first La Sportiva shoes/boot you used?
3) What is your favorite climbing/mountaineering book?
Generally, I love reading Biographies from the older climbing generation.
4) What is the mountain you would like to see at least one time in your life?
I haven‘t thought about it yet ...
5) Do you take part to a charity or cultural project?
Each year I support the Wingsforlife Worldrun, a chatity event to collect donations for spinal research.
6) What's in the air?
Trying to get the First Ascent of my own bolted line in Austria! Other interesting projects are in my mind :-)
- 2003 Wins her first Rock Master in Arco (the first of six)
- 2005 First time world champion in Lead Climbing (the first of four)
- 2012 Wins her first World Cup Overall in Lead climbing (the first of three in her career)
- 2018 "La Planta de Shiva, 9b“ in Spain
- 2019 "Hades, 9a“ in Imst